So you’ve been thinking about getting your website up and running. You’ve had dreams about your site becoming the most popular destination on the web and guiding all sorts of business to your door. But, after shopping around at web development companies and touring the web for inspiration you find…getting the most out of your site will not necessarily be easy. But that doesn’t mean it will be hard. Here are five way to get the most out of your website.
1. Design: If you believe having a basic looking site with loads of text telling visitors what you do is going to cut it, you’ve got another thing coming. Poor design is often the primary reason for a website’s failure. A good eye-catching design, strong imagery and usability can not only attract visitors, but keep them.
2. Tracking: Keeping track of who is visiting your site and what is driving them there is key in creating and maintaining a marketing presence online. Lots of places offer free tracking codes that can be installed and give you all sorts of information about your site.
3. Advertise: Truly, your website is the most important communications platform in your arsenal and the quickest way to drive traffic to your message. You are accustomed to buying advertising in magazines and newspapers, but there may not be a better place to advertise than the web. Online advertising is typically less expensive, more accountable and easily targeted.
4. Social Media Integration: Having a presence on places like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram as well as smartphone applications can mean huge, HUGE benefits if used properly. Integrating these tools with your site can make it its own media outlet.
5. Keep It Updated: Yes, a website can become stale. You want to keep it fresh by updating the content, specifically on the home page, so visitors who frequent your site know what type of deals you have, what’s new with you and can be sure that you believe in what you do. In fact, sites at the top of search engines like google, bing and yahoo have on thing in common: updated content.
Now you know what it takes, make your website the best it can be.